Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A bit under the weather



I have been comforting a cold for the past few days. However, I have still been able to hand sew (otherwise I would have gone crazy just watching television). I am proud to say that most of my unfinished projects (UFOs) are now done. I only have two more to go...

These are the pictures of the ones I have completed. I had made four blocks with wool and cotton fabrics. Although the blocks were all done, they were not sewn together or quilted. I decided to make a table runner out of the cotton blocks (picture 1) and a wall hanging (picture 2) out of the wool blocks. Then out of sheer boredom I hand drew a picture of a rose on a linen napkin and back stitched with pink/green floss (picture 3). I like the way it turned out, but I think I will try to use a split or some other stitch on the other napkins. Then I will think of what I could do with them (small pillow, pin cushion, etc.).

On another note, I have been working on a new wallet. I have not drafted instructions for them, but I will. They will be posted (for free) when I have completed them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Talin, I found your blog through Mary at Stitchin By The Sea blog. You do beautiful work! I'm enjoying looking at your wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete