Thursday, September 17, 2009

Butterfly Tablecloth



I have been collecting linens and handkerchiefs for a long time now. I thought that one day I would use them in a quilt. The other day, I took out 4 handkerchiefs and decided to make a table cloth for my card table. I folded the handkerchiefs to form the shape of the butterfly and stitched around the edges using a blanket stitch. Then I hand stitched each butterfly's antennae a bit different. I looked through my stash and found fabrics with a butterfly motif which I used for the border. I liked the way it turned out and now I have a nice summer table cloth.



2 comments:

  1. VERY NICE! wish I had a stash for hankies please make a quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I have a stash of hankies and haven't done anything with them.

    ReplyDelete