Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Vacationing at the Berkshires

We decided to take a family vacation before school starts. We ended up in a town called Hancock in the Berkshires (Mass.). Here is the view from our resort. It is of the sky runs at Jiminy Peak.




All the way in the top right hand corner is a wind turbine. It was kind of neat watching it turn.

During our stay, we visited Pittsfield, Lenox, Adamstown, and North Adams. Adamstown was a quaint college town (Williams College). The buildings were so pretty with their ivy covered walls. I loved the small stores in Lenox and North Adams. In Pittsfield there was this great cafe called Dotties that was decorated chabby chic. It was very comfortable with plenty of seating, indoors and outdoors. The coffee and food was the best in the area. Here is the picture of my cappuccino.



Right next door there was an antique store called Greystone Gardens that was having a 75% off linens, so you know I bought a handful. After I wash them, I will post some pictures. I couldn't believe that I was able to buy a large tablecloth for under $20.

We also visited the Berkshire Museum in Pittsfield. Thank God there was an exhibit on frogs, otherwise, it would have been a complete bust. The museum was more like a children's museum. I did have fun trying out one of the Pub puzzles. Can you tell I am really trying to concentrate? I did eventually figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment