Sunday, October 25, 2009

New project I have been working on



Okay so I don't know what possessed me, but I bought a mold of faces and some clay and created a few faces. I painted them all different colors and decided to play with them. I had painted this one gold and decided to put it on wool felt. Then I embellished with beads, zippers, and buttons. This one will be framed and hung up, but the other faces I made are going to be put on art dolls.
On another note, yesterday I was sewing all day with friends. One of the women had done a Halloween swap and that prompted a suggestion for all of us to do a Christmas swap. We ended up with 9 participants. Each participant made the same block for swapping. The blocks included a stocking, snowman, present, tree, gingerbread man, candy cane, angel, snowflake (?), and mittens. The person who made the stocking engraved the participant's name on the stocking, which I thought was very clever. I love the blocks and will hopefully have a new quilt soon. I will post a picture of it when it is done.

2 comments:

  1. And your new project is so beautiful up close! You're very creative!
    Most of us won't get to our Christmas quilts until January, so we are looking forward to seeing yours completed. That was a lot of fun! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I'm in awe of this project - she's glorious!!! I love that you used zippers. This is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete