Friday, October 2, 2009

A new routine


Nowadays, I get up every morning and turn on my computer. While it is booting up, I make my self a cup of tea and read all the blogs I follow. It seems that I cannot start the day with out doing it, so I guess I can cancel my newspaper subscription. After I have enough fun, I head into my studio and start sewing. I have so many ideas for new handbags and I can't wait to try them out.

I have started taking a silk printing class and the picture above is of my first project (abstract). The instructor said that we will be completing one project per week, so I will post pictures of my projects as I go. This project taught us how to stretch the silk, use Gutta, and see how the paint spreads with the Gutta lines. I would love to incorporate the techniques I learn into my handbags (and quilts).

1 comment:

  1. I do almost the same thing - I get up, turn on the 'puter, get me coffee and read all my emails. Then I go check blogs....and when I start getting too stiff from sitting, I sew. Your project is beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you create!

    ReplyDelete