Saturday, October 31, 2009

New strip bag



At our last firehouse quilting day when we swapped our Christmas blocks (check out Caryn's Blog to see the pictures of all the bloclks), I started to sew/quilt this handbag. Unfortunately, I am not the best photographer so these pictures do not do it justice. This is the front and back of the bag. It has an inside pocket which I find lacking in a lot of quilted bags and black wooden handles.
I have been busy arranging the Christmas Block Swap and hope to post pictures on my blog when I am done. I have also been busy getting ready for the Brownstone Quilt Show this coming weekend (November 6-7, 2009). If you are in the area, it is at the Northern Regional High School in Allendale.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag. I love the fabrics that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great bag Talin! Can't wait to see what you do with the Christmas blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful, Talin! I love the colors! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is VERY pretty, love the colors! I was looking at my purse today, with it's Hawaiian fabric and thinking I need something more seasonal....those colors are perfect. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete