Thursday, November 5, 2009

Brownstone Quilt Show











So I was setting up to sell handbags at the Brownstone Guild's Quilt Show and noticed that the jacket I had entered took first place. I started to make this jacket at a class I took with Rachel Clark at Quilting by the Lake. I loved the class and her easy care free attitude. Rachel taught us a few techniques, but more importantly, on how to construct a jacket to fit us properly. The most important lesson I learned was to have a foundation to test your fabrics on. The back of this jacket is really nice, but I was not able to get behind it to take a picture.

4 comments:

  1. Your bags look wonderful - very professional! Did you sell a lot? I hope so! The jacket is gorgeous and congratulations on first place!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the ribbon! I am not at all surprised! Your bags look great- can't wait to see them in person if there are any left by the time I get there. Ann, Sue and I will be there tomorrow evening - maybe we'll see you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Congratulations. I love Rachel Clark's work. Will you post a photo of the back for us when you can?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Talin!! The jacket is beautiful!! I hope you do really well with your handbags! Florence

    ReplyDelete