Monday, November 30, 2009

Slice of Cake?



Anyone up for cake? It's great how in the crafting community we all share. I would never have made this pin cushion if it wasn't for the fact that I saw it in person. A friend had made it and I fell in love. So, of course, I made two. Although these are gifts, I thought it was okay to put the pictures up since the recipient will never guess they are made for her.
Then there were these two cuties that I could not resist. The little one on the right is so useful. I plan on using it when I bind my quilts, the pin cushion fits between your thumb and forefinger. The instructions for these were in Quilts and More Fall 2009 and Sew Simple Volume 11, respectively. I happen to love Sew Simple because there are so many small projects that you can do fairly quickly.
I am working on writing instructions for one of my handbags. Since I work all day sewing and writing instructions, I like to make small projects while I am watching television. They are a bit of a diversion. Both of the pin cushions were made while I was watching the Sunday football games. They are both completely done by hand.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my - I was just looking at that cake pattern a couple of days ago! Yours turned out darling, and I love the pincushions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are absolutely adorable! Love them!

    ReplyDelete