Friday, December 11, 2009

The Armenian Alphabet Quilt



There is a very funny story regarding this quilt. I had made all the rail fence blocks using the colors of the Armenian flag (red, orange, and blue) for a relative for Christmas 2008. My daughter walked into the room just as I was viewing the finished quilt top. She took one look at it and said, "That is ugly as sin." Needless to say, I set this quilt top aside and started on an entirely different quilt. I made a log cabin quilt that my daughter said was much better. So this quilt top sat for months while I thought about what to do with it. I finally decided that I would applique the Armenian alphabet around the borders to make it more appealing. I had completed one side of the border when my daughter (the same one) walked in the room and said, "Wow that looks great, that's my quilt right?" ...And so it will be. I am giving it to her on her birthday.


2 comments:

  1. Our children (no matter what age)never cease to surprise us! That's a great story and a beautiful quilt! Florence

    ReplyDelete