Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year to All

First let me start off by saying Happy New Year. I have been busy with the holidays and trying very hard to get some time to sew. I was not lucky until yesterday. It was quilting day at the firehouse. It was fun talking and sewing all day long. I can't say I completed anything, but I was able to accomplish a lot.
And since I do not like to post without pictures...Here is a picture of a very small quilt I made for my college age daughter. It is not very large (all 4 sides are less than 12"). I transferred a childhood picture of her and appliqued it on a pieced backing. I added butterfly appliques, buttons, and beads. I gave it to my daughter for Christmas and she seemed to like it (which made me very happy).

Now I have posted a few pictures of gifts I have given to others, but I wanted also to post a picture of the little angel I made for myself. I have yet to name her. Her body is loosely based on Patti Medaris Culea's Joyful Angel doll. Her head is molded out of polymer clay and painted. The hair is made from yarn and ribbon and she is adorned with beads. She hangs on my door handle.

1 comment:

  1. How did you do the photo transfer?
    Lovely gift.

    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete