Monday, February 1, 2010

Jeff Dunham's Show and quaint shops in Providence RI

My daughter bought my husband and I tickets to the Jeff Dunham show (Christmas gift).  For those of you who do not know Jeff Dunham, he is a ventriloquist/comedian who has several characters like Peanut, Bubba J, Walter, and Achmed the terrorist.  He was very funny and we had a lot of laughs.  We stayed over night and the following day we shopped at a few stores around town.  At the Studio Hop (810 Hope Street) we bought this tile.  I love supporting the local shops which carry unique art/crafts.  I think it might make a really nice applique block...

There were a lot of quaint shops and we loved having coffee and cinnamon buns at the Seven Stars Bakery.  We bought some bread to bring home and I have to say that they were all delicious.  I especially loved the olive bread and foccacia. 

2 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful gift! What a thoughtful daughter!! Your tile is beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing your applique from it! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tile is absolutely gorgeous and yes, that would make an incredible applique.

    ReplyDelete