Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Strip Quilt

Okay so I was inspired to make a strip quilt after seeing the one that was posted on Daisy Quilts Blog.  I have always wanted to make a strip quilt and I had a lot of scraps to use up.  When finishing a project, I have always cut the scraps into squares, triangles, and strips (widths of 1" - 2 1/2").   So it was really easy for me to make this quilt.  The only thing I had to do was decide what size the muslin base would be.  I chose a 6 1/2" x 9 1/2" block.  It may not look as coordinated as other strip quilts, but when I look at this quilt I can see bits and pieces of all my projects. 

4 comments:

  1. Talin,
    It's fantastic!!! So wonderfully full of colour and memories for you.
    I'm so glad you were inspired to do this.
    Do enjoy!!!

    hugs
    Robyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just gorgeous!!!!!!! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It is cool to see it done in a rectangle, I usually see them as squares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours and a great way to use treasured scraps.

    ReplyDelete