Thursday, February 25, 2010

Some Dance Lessons and A Rose Embroidered Pillow

A friend of mine asked if my husband and I would like to take Latin dance lessons at a local adult education program.  Much to my surprise, my husband was game (I thought I would have to drag him).  Well, we went last night and there were about ten couples in all.  I kept wondering how many of the husbands were there willingly.  I know that it will take a lot of practice before we master the dance we learned last night, I have forgotten the name of it already.  How sad is that?  Any way, we all had a good time and then headed over to get drinks afterwards.  I think my husband enjoyed that a bit more.  Next week we will be learning the ChaCha...I will let you know how it goes.

On another note, a while back I embroidered a rose on a linen napkin.  It took me a while, but I finally decided to sew it on to the front of a pillow.  I used a solid fabric on the front and strips of pinks and reds for the back of the pillow.

3 comments:

  1. Great way to use the napkin. Very pretty, both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow looks so pretty. I love the linen look.

    We did the dance lessons a few years ago, but we did the dinner and drinks before class!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I justed popped in to say hello, and thanks for your visit at my blog
    cheers
    Janine

    ReplyDelete