Monday, March 22, 2010

Brownstone Quilting Retreat 2010

Well, I have not been able to post for a while.  Last week we had a huge rain storm that took out a lot of trees and power lines.  We were driving home during the storm and had to take a few detours.  It was so eerie driving through town in the dark, with large trees down all over the place.  Unfortunately, we were without electricty for 3 days.  It was a bit difficult, but we managed.  The minute our power was restored, I started to prepare for our Brownstone Quilting Retreat this past week end.  It was at the Shawnee Inn in Pennsylvania and we had a great time.  Every participant was asked to make a Magic Twist/Disappearing Nine Patch block for our service project.  The quilt turned out great; it is the red, white, and blue one that a member is holding up.  I worked on a few projects, but only finished one (the Aster Manor Pillow).  I will post a picture of it after I am done stuffing it.  Hopefully, it will not take me too long...

1 comment:

  1. Three days with no power??? Oh my. I would have been completely frustrated. Glad you had fun at the retreat.

    ReplyDelete