Monday, April 12, 2010

Fabric Swap at the firehouse

We met at the firehouse for our monthly get together this past Saturday.  We all had a lot of fun and someone had coordinated a 2 1/2" strip fabric swap.  Each participant had to bring 30 blue and red fabric strips.  Here is a picture representative of the fabrics I received (could not get all 30 in the picture).
So now I have to decide what pattern I will use.  I had a few red, white, and blue blocks leftover from other projects, so I am thinking of using them in this quilt.  Here are some pics of the blocks.  Since each block is a different size, I will have to make some adjustments, but at least I will be using up some leftovers that would otherwise be left unused.  Hopefully, I will have the quilt done by July...keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun exchange. Lots of pretty fabrics. Great blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Talin -- I was sorry to have missed everyone Saturday! I always tell you how creative you are -- your blocks look great and knowing you, you'll be finished before July!! See you next month. Florence

    ReplyDelete