Friday, April 16, 2010

Machine Quilters Exposition

I attended the Machine Quilters Exposition in Providence, RI this past week.  I had a lot of fun looking at all the art quilts.  I wish I could post pictures, but since I can't...Let me show you what I bought.  I have been collecting black and whites for a long time.  I always find them useful, but these I am collecting for a black, white, and red quilt.  I have also been collecting 30's reproduction fabrics.  I would like to make a Dear Jane quilt when I have enough of a variety.  The other fabrics are for pocket books and dolls.  I love bright colors.












On another note, while we were walking through the convention center walkway to the mall in Providence, we saw these clever arrangements made out of cans and bottles.  They were set up for hunger awareness.
   









I am back home now and it's time to get back to work.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like it was a fun time and I love the can arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the can sculpture - very clever. Quilt shows are always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so surprised to see you there! Had a great time. My head spins when I get home from MQX. See you at the Firehouse! Hugs! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete