Thursday, May 13, 2010

Notebook Cover, Humbug?, and a Coin Purse

I had some of this fabric left over after sewing a few handbags and was wondering what to do with the scraps.  I always have a notebook in my handbag, but it usually gets messy.  The pages get torn out or the pad bends.  So, I decided to make a cover for it.  Here is what I came up with.


I put a snap closure and on the inside, I added a holder for a pen/pencil.  This way, I never had to search my bag...I will always know where to find one.


And since I still had some leftover, I made a semi-Humbag bag (I think that's what it's called).  I call it a semi-Humbag bag  because I did not have the instructions for the bag.  I was watching friends make them at the last firehouse get together and decided I would try to make one based upon what I saw.   Here is a picture of it.  I think I may have made it upside down, not too sure and I don't think it matters.


And I still had a bit leftover, so I decided to make a really small one.  However, I did try to correct my mistake and hopefully this is the right way.  Although it is very small (3 1/2"x 2"), it would do nice for a coin purse. 


That's all for now.  It is nice and sunny here, hopefully I can get out for a bit.

3 comments:

  1. Well, they are both very cute and it DOESN't matter -- I'm amazed you made them from just glancing over! But I'm REALLY amazed that you made so many blocks on your circle quilt! See you soon -- Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, there is no right or wrong way with a humbug bag. You are amazing with being able to just whip things up like that. You definately have a nack. I also finished the bag!! I even put the lining in correctly. Have a great week-end. ANN

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to hear from you today! I love the things you have made. I'm not someone who can whip something up without a pattern so I'm in awe of quilters like you who can. Great job!

    ReplyDelete