Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What Have I Been Up To?

I have been busy quilting using my New Joy Quilting Frame.  It has been a learning experience and I am enjoying it so far.  There are quite a few graduations so I am trying to get ready for them.  I will post the pictures of the quilts once I have given them to the recipients. 

I have also been working on a new bag which I will post a picture of when I am finished.  Hopefully, it will be very soon.

On another note, I think I started working on a quilt that I have wanted to do for a while now.  It is similar to a Dear Jane quilt.  I borrowed the book from the library to see if it was worth investing in.  While I was browsing through it, I decided to try a few blocks.  I am using 30's reproduction fabric (have been purchasing them for a little over 4 years).  Here is what I have done so far...













Here are what my piles look like, stash on left and leftovers on right.  Believe it or not, I use the leftovers.

It looks pretty neat, huh?  It is usually a mess and I can never see anything unless it is on top.  It only looks clean because I had to clear the table to take the picture of the blocks.  In a few hours...or minutes, it will be complete chaos again.  I can't complain though, it seems to work for me.

2 comments:

  1. I have seen some other bloggers start that quilt. I really like your choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!

    If I would have seen this before I started my SBS I would have gone with 30's fabrics too. This is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete