Thursday, July 1, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

I have been really busy...my DD2 graduated from high school.  Would you believe she would not let me take a picture of her?  So, I did the next best thing which was to take a picture of her cap.

I was so proud of her, she decorated the cap herself.  Perhaps the crafty gene has been passed down.

The following day was my birthday, so we celebrated by going out to dinner as a family.  DH and DD2 surprised me with a laptop.  I have been complaining about how slow my old computer was...almost every day.  I guess they were tired of hearing me complain and got me a Mac.  So I have been busy trying to download stuff and getting acclimated to it.  This is my first post.  I am impressed with myself.  Not too sure why, but I am.  DD1 bought me a bracelet and candle holder from Brighton.  I love their jewelry and am always lighting a candle at night.  So it was very thoughtful of her.

Now I am entering a new phase in my life...one where the kids are living away.  I thought I would have until September, but DD1 has an internship in another state and DD2 is a counselor at a camp she used to attend when she was younger, also in another state.  So needless to say, it has been a bit strange.

I have not have been sewing much, but here are pictures of 4 cross stitch flowers that have been hanging on my design wall begging for my attention.  At first, I thought I would make a wall quilt with them, but now I am not too sure...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.



As you can see, I am having difficulty rotating the pictures.  I rotated them in my iPhoto, but when I download them to post, they revert back.  I do not think you can rotate in blogger, but if anyone has suggestions, I am all ears.


1 comment:

  1. Well congrats to your dd, and Happy Birthday to you! My oldest just graduated early spring and it sure is making me feel old...
    Congrats too on getting a Mac, wowzers am I jealous, I've been hinting for a looooong time but nobody is picking up on it. Love your flowers, no clue how to make them stay put - I do it in my photo program and upload them to flickr, they seem to stay fine. All my pics in my posts are linked to flickr.

    ReplyDelete