Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dyeing Old Seam Bindings

I have been seeing a lot of seam binding used in card making and tags.  I think they add so much to the finished project, whether it's a journal page, card, or tag.  Well, I do a lot of garage sale shopping and I buy things without knowing what I will do with them.  I bought these 3 seam binding rolls a long time ago (white, pink, and black) and decided to try and dye a few yards (only the white and pink rolls).
This is what I ended up with... 


I really like the way they turned out.  I scrunched up the one on the top left while it was still wet (just to give it some texture).  So now I am off to make something...

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've passed on that stuff at garage sales, couldn't imagine what I'd need it for - I'll be looking forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete