Friday, July 23, 2010

My Fabric Journal is Done!

The fabric journal that I started in Elin Waterston's class at the North Carolina Quilt Symposium is done!

Here are the pictures of all the pages.  Hope I do not bore you...



I used metal, coins, threads, beads, paper,  photos, buttons, zippers, playing cards, charms, flower petals/leaves, old film, paper clips, dice and everything else you could possible imagine.

I wanted to bind it with ribbons, so I needed to add 3 rings to each page (top, center, and bottom).  Unfortunately, I could not find rings small enough.  So I ended up purchasing a chain and taking off the links.  I sewed each link to the pages and then ran ribbons through them.  It turned out nicely, if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

  1. Your fabric journal is amazing! Thank you for bringing it to share today. Enjoy the rest of your summer -- See you in September! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the Queen of Creative, girl - this is astoundingly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cloth journals are wonderful!!! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete