Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Journal Cover using my dyed seam binding, old crochet tableclothes, etc...

Here is my new journal cover.  I think it's really cool because I used a lot of stuff that I bought at garage sales and some projects I started a while ago.  The rose is embroidered on a garage sale linen napkin and the base is a garage sale runner.  The beige with red stripe is a tape that I had left over from when I reupholstered my couches.  The red ribbon is the garage sale seam binding that I dyed just a few weeks ago.  The buttons are from my collection and the crocheted stars on the left side are from a tablecloth that I had purchased last September.  I salvaged what I could (made a smaller tablecloth) and then cut out some of the crocheted blocks to use in this project.  I embroidered some flowers and designs where I could.  The saying to the right lower corner is Take Time which I plan to do.  I really like the way it turned out...now to insert the journal.

Here are a few closer looks...






2 comments:

  1. This is INCREDIBLY precious - I love all the detail. I especially love the star shape behind the button. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous, Talin. I love all of the neat things you put on it.

    ReplyDelete