Friday, August 6, 2010

New Rag Doll and An Old Project Finally Framed

I bought this table runner a while ago; it is a bit worn with a few holes here and there, but the two embroidered ends are in very good shape.  I was wondering what I would do with it when...

I realized that it would make a really cute dress for a rag doll.  So I ended up making this doll.  I finally got up enough nerve to embroider the entire face.  I usually use buttons or purchased eyes and draw the nose and mouth.  I am okay with the way it turned out, it's kinda cute in an ugly way (if that makes any sense).  

On an entirely different note, I finally purchased a frame for a project I completed back in October 2009.  I am not ashamed... 



In the past I have tried a variety of ways to stretch and frame embroidery/cross-stitch projects, but I have found that sewing it is the best way.  This is what it looks like in the back.  It is a bit messy, but it seems to retain its shape better this way.  Gluing the projects tends to form puckers in the front after a while and stapling the back distorts it.  It takes a bit longer to sew it, but it is worth it in the end.  I use dental floss or upholstery thread.



Well that's it for a while.

1 comment:

  1. That doll is too darling - and I love your framed piece, you are so creative and have such an eye for design!

    ReplyDelete