Monday, August 16, 2010

Vacationing in Myrtle Beach

Last week, we vacationed in Myrtle Beach.  It was absolutely beautiful every single day.



These are some of the pictures...as you can see, beautiful weather.  Of course, I found the local quilt shop and made some purchases.  

I purchased some fun color rick rack, a few colorful fat quarters, 2 black and white fat quarters for my collection, 5 yards of a colorful orange fabric, and a red wide width fabric.  I purchased the orange fabric for our fabric swap (at the firehouse); I bought enough for swapping and also for the back of the quilt I will make after the swap.  The red wide fabric is for the red circle quilt that I am sewing at the firehouse.  This is what I have done so far...

Unfortunately, I will not be sewing for a while.  I will be spending as much time as I can with my girls; they will both be off to college before the end of August.






7 comments:

  1. enjoy your girls...the sewing machine is a patient, it will be there later.
    I like the color palette of your quilt and your vacation pictures make me wish for another week at the beach-I love being at the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt! But time with your "grown" children just flies, so savor every minute! See you in September! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sob* I want to go back to the beach....my favorite place in the world! I wish my pics had turned out half as well as yours.
    I LOVE that quilt...very similar to the one I'm doing! Enjoy your time with your girls, time flies so quickly and you need to enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a great eye for color and design. Love this quilt.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the blues when my kids went off to school and the nest was empty!! Enjoy your time with them!

    Love your R&W quilt!

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your circle quilt. Enjoy your daughters while they are still home. My son will be starting college too but is attending a junior college in a near by city, so will be staying at home. According to him he is not going any where any time soon. And that's okay with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your circle quilt! I remember taking my youngest to college (several years ago now). I totally shocked myself when I ended up crying almost all of the way home. I'm normally not a crier. Enjoy your girls!

    ReplyDelete