Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Really Like These Handbags

I really like the way these handbags turn out.  They are sturdy, fully lined, have an inside pocket, and they feel comfortable on your shoulder and arms.  I know this sounds funny, but have you ever had a bag that digs into your shoulder or is too bulky under your arm?
the front

the back

the inside
the pocket

the handle

the button closure
It is hard to believe, but this bag takes over 40 yards of piping (clothes line roping) and many hours.  However, I do believe that I am getting faster; the first one I made took me twice as long.

5 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine all the work and hours that went into the bag, Talin. It is beautiful! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. That certainly is a lot of cording.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular bag Talin. Great job.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. With that kind of time, its a good thing that you love it. It turned out great, and I love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. Is it hard to do?

    very well done.

    I invite you to visit my blog, and I hope you might follow my Journey of inspirations..

    Love,

    -samya :-)

    ReplyDelete