Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New Closure

I made this bag years ago (many, many years ago).  Initially it had a flap closure (sorry, I never took a picture of it).  After using it a few times, I realized that I did not like the flap.  So, of course, I took the flap off and left it open for a while.

I realized that I did not like it this way either.  So, I thought I might try a button closure.  I made a fabric covered button (it's a good thing I do not throw out my scraps) and sewed a yo-yo on top of it.  I think I am finally finished with this bag. 

 Does anyone else do this or am I the only one?

3 comments:

  1. That is SO CUTE! I wish I had the fortitude to do that, I just end up not using the bag ever again and making a whole new one. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect not. I hate flap closures too. They are always in the way. I love the colors that you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... I have buttons... keep on meaning to attach them to bags. Wuold you do that for me?
    LOL.... It came out very nice... I like how you added the yo-yo to it...

    ReplyDelete