Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New Ornaments and My Favorite Tips

A friend and I took a day trip to Lancaster County, PA to visit the quilt shops.  While we were in one of the shops, we found some cute stocking ornaments.  I made a few...


I was so happy to finally find a pattern that was very easy to follow.

Now, for my two favorite tips that I have learned along the way.  The first I learned when I started making art dolls.  I cannot recall if someone mentioned it to me or if I read it somewhere, but they suggested using hemostats for stuffing.  They said that this reduced the lumping that can occur...and they were so right.  The other tip I learned a long time ago while watching the Carol Duvall Show, where they said that if you put cream on your hands prior to using the glue gun, the glue would not stick to you.  As someone who always burned her fingers every time I used the glue gun, I was so thankful for this tip/advice.

Now I am passing on these tips...would love to hear from all of you as to what your favorite tips are.  Who knows, I may pick up some new tricks.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Talin -- My head is too full right now to think of tips -- but -- your stocking ornaments are just beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stockings are the most adorable I have ever seen! Good tips - I can't think of any myself, but if I do I'll pass them on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ornaments.. AND I MISS CAROL DUVALL..

    We can only take so much of the remodeling crap can't we?
    Chris
    www.chriswheelerquilts.com

    ReplyDelete