Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy, Happy New Year!

Well, a new year has begun!  I am so excited.  I do not make any resolutions, I gave up on that a long time ago (no will power).  But I do like the fact that it is a new beginning with a clean slate.  Although I have a few UFO's I am planning on finishing them by year's end.




While my husband was outside digging us out of the snow, I was sitting inside doing some reading.  I was lucky enough to get some books and magazines for Christmas.  The Handbag (an illustrated history) by Caroline Cox (not pictured) has a lot of information regarding how the handbag came about.  The Handbags book written by Anna Johnson (pictured with the Haute Handbags magazines) is a cute, little book.  Each page depicts a picture of a handbag with a brief description of its history.   None of these books/magazines really give you instructions on how to make the bags, but they do give you a lot of ideas.  I am having fun with them and hope to come up with some new handbags this year.

Hope all of you have a very happy new year and that you have the will power to keep all of your resolutions.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like your chore was much more fun than your husband's. I can't wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sitting and going through quilting books and magazines-especially when it's cold and snowy out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't make resolutions either - it's just an exercise in futility, lol. Love the books, I think I got that little one from the library once, I was disappointed there were no patterns - the bags are so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Talin, I have not yet attempted handbags but have several patterns for them. I would also like to try some easy little wallets. I think I may take a trip to the library soon to see what I can find! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog and love your bags! They are so cute and the Victoria Wallet Tutorial is the best I've seen. I've made quilts for ten years and bags for about 6 months but wallets always scared me. This one I think I'll try. Thanks for the tutorial!
    Happy New Year & Happy Stitching!!!

    gale
    galew417@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete