Saturday, January 29, 2011

King's X Block

While at Smuggler's Notch, Vermont I started to make a few blocks, 48 to be exact, for a new quilt.  The pattern is called the King's X Block.  It is fairly a simple pattern which is what I wanted so that I could showcase the batiks I was using.  In short, you pick 8 different fabrics, cut them into squares, cut diagonal strips, and then reposition the piles you are left with.  You sew these piles together and you end up with 8 blocks.  I was playing around with four of them and I decided on this layout.


I will be making more blocks, not sure how many yet, to make a King size quilt.

Thank you Ann for lending me your batik quilt pattern books!

8 comments:

  1. Looks very nice and simple-reading from a description-there's rather no problem in making it.The colours are matching very beautifully.
    Best Regards-Halina-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your block of batiks....those are my favorite fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you are working with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really interesting and it looks fabulous so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be GORGEOUS. Oh how I love that block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talin -- they are beautiful! Striking! Hope you bring that to the Firehouse. Florence

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... That's really pretty!

    Ilia

    ReplyDelete