Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sneak Peek at a Spring Bag

I have been working on a shoulder bag for spring.   I have yet to name it, what do you think?



I love the colors of these fabrics;  they will be great for Spring.  Don't you just love the flower pin?  I purchased it a long time ago with the hopes of using it on a handbag.  It seemed perfect for this bag.

The only thing I wanted for this bag was for it to have adjustable straps.  At first, I was going to tie the two shoulder straps together.  But,  when I was done sewing it, I had a change of heart.  I think it would look much better if I added a button to one strap and, perhaps, several button holes to the other strap.  Or I may just end up sewing them together.  What do you think?

Sorry about the pics, I wish I could have done better.   I will retake these pictures when we finally get some sun around here in the Northeast.  It has been snowing all day.  We were only supposed to get 6" by Thursday morning, but there is 6" on the ground now.  It has been tapering off a bit, but I wonder how much more we will get by tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by and stay warm.

14 comments:

  1. Love your bag and the pin is just perfect for it! Is this your Christmas finish? Came over from Allie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talin this is gorgeous!!! I love the flower pin, it's just perfect for it. I really like the idea of the button - I think that would be very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a gorgeous bag! I would probably sew the straps as the buttons sound way too complicated. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bag. Those fabrics are gorgeous! Like the idea of adjustable straps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a terrific purse and a great finish. The pin is perfect for this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that bag!The colours are nice-exactly for Spring and that flower so matching...mmmm...Additionally-I think it is very functional.Good design-fabulous fabrics!Nothing to add:-)
    Best Regards-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bag! I am also joining Allie in this Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Talin, the bag is gorgeous....Allie's Christmas Challenge was a great idea...should be well ahead around Christmas...Warm Regards, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Came via Allie's blog. Love the purse, it is wonderfully spring-like!!! And we need all the spring we can get! The pin is perfect for it!
    Mickie in snowy Pennsylvania

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty - I would call it Spring Fever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH... it is beautiful... hmm buttons for strap sound interesting but that will imply button holes... I will call it "Side by Side ". Talk soon, Ilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its an amazing bag... My daughter and I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great bag! Oh, I think my daughter would love one, too. Another inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete