Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Some Scrap Booking and My January Gift Club

A few days ago, I went to put away my Christmas pictures when I discovered that I was way behind in my scrap booking...three years to be exact.  So I set up my supplies in my family room in the hopes that whenever I had a few minutes, I would do a page or two.  While I was creating a page...I lost sight of what it is I wanted to accomplish.  Here is the page that I am talking about.

I love the way it turned out, but in the process of my creativity, I forgot to leave space for pictures.  I hope I am not the only one who does this.  In the end, I did not use this page, but I did catch up on all of my pictures (and there was a lot).  I completed a book and a half (about 60 pages).  I am quite proud of myself.  Yay me!

Allie from Allie-oops Sweet Happy Life had a great idea for a club.  She has posted about making a gift a month so that when Christmas comes around, whoever participates will have 12 gifts completed.  Hopefully, this will prevent some of us from the last minute stresses around the holidays.  Allie has been posting about ideas and tutorials.  My gift for this month is for my daughter (a super sized market bag).  I do not mind posting who this gift is for because the minute she sees the material that I used, she will know it is for her.  The other gifts I make, I will post about, but will not name the recipient.

Thank you Allie for this great idea.  I have been looking at some of the tutorials you sited and I am already thinking about the gift I will make in February.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that's funny - that's why I don't scrapbook - I would get totally lost in the cool stuff and forget the pictures!!
    LOVE the market bag, what a GREAT idea! The fabric is very cool - is it upholstery fabric? It looks very sturdy! I can't believe you're done - I still haven't figured out what I'm going to make!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you did do a good job on catching up. I have never gotten into the scrapbooking, but have always loved what I have seen.

    That gift a month is a fantastic challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually started my first quilt for a Christmas gift on New Year's Eve! Just finished the last of my star blocks tonight and put it aside to make some Valentine decorations. Have a great weekend! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fabric for this bag. Nice size also!

    ReplyDelete