Thursday, February 17, 2011

Christmas Through the Year Club...February Project Complete


My February project for the Christmas Through the Year Club (hosted by Allie-oops sweet happy life) is complete.  I saw some chicken pin cushions when I was in a quilt and yarn shop in Stowe, Vermont.  I asked if there was a pattern for them.  Unfortunately there wasn't one, but I was told that it was done by making two Log Cabin blocks and two prairie points (for the tail).  So I gave it a try and this is what I came up with.  I like it!  I am definitely going to be making more of them.  It's fairly simple and fun to make.

I have made a few more Spring Fever Bags that I will post pictures real soon.

Hope all is well with everyone.

16 comments:

  1. That's insanely cute! I've never made a log cabin but I might have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talin-that's the fantastic pattern.The chicken is fabulous:-)
    The form seems to be simple,but I think,the sewing wasn't so exactly that simple.
    Nice colours-fine design.
    Best Regards-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo cute!!! Log Cabin and Prairie Points?? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute... sounds simple but I can't get my head around it... I hope you take pictures and show us how it is done????
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very cute chicken. They must be very tiny log cabins!!!! Well done you. These will make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LoVe it... so cute. What a lovely addition to the LIST! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little chickie :) Someone is going to be a very happy recipient!
    Carmen in AK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, this is such fun! Well done on your Christmas finish x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the cutest pincushion EVER!! Or is it a pincushion? I don't know if I'd want to stick pins in it...LOL. I love the fabrics you chose. Someone is going to be very happy to receive this as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very cute. It looks just like a crimson rosella.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice Talin it will make a great present,well done.
    cheers shez

    ReplyDelete
  12. It´s a beutiful litlle chicken...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete