Thursday, February 3, 2011

Funky Stars

While I am busy cutting out applique pieces for my Drunkard's Path (red circle) quilt, I decided to show the blocks I made while up in Vermont.  This is the last set of blocks I made while on vacation.


I learned how to make these stars years ago when I took a class with Rachel Clark.  I made a sample of the block and have been looking at it from time to time.  I finally decided to make the plunge.  I am not sure how many of these blocks I have made and I do not know how many more I will make...I like the fact that no two stars are alike and they can be made from small scraps.  Most of the star fabrics are from fat eights or fat quarters.  So for now, these funky star blocks will sit in a pile until I have enough of them to complete a quilt.

4 comments:

  1. I love these stars - love how they're all different! I still need to try this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These starts are great... such fun and they will look fantastic all together...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I love those stars!! That is going to be ANOTHER really cool quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,Talin...
    The stars are so beautiful-in nice colours-I am seriously interested,how the whole quilt will be looking like and what size it will be,or if You will be keeping tight to this colouristics,or will give some lighter ones too.
    I think,the star-quilt is the pattern I like the most,though the previous circles were also really charming.
    Warm Hugs-Halina-

    ReplyDelete