Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Making A Lot of Progress

I have been able to make a lot of progress these past two days.  I finally added binding to my triangle quilt.

In the end, I decided to sew the two handles of my Spring Fever Bag (thanks for the name Sandra).  I did not want to tie it and I thought adding a button would be overwhelming because of the pin.


I have been cutting out my applique pieces for my Red Circle Quilt (Drunkard's Path).  I cut 80" of bias binding, about 100 1/4 circles that have been sewn together, and 30 leaves.  I still have 40 more leaves to sew and cut, but I can see the finish line.


And my latest Decorator Bag...


I made this one with shoulder straps and ties.  I added beads to the end of the ties. 

I am currently working on my Christmas Through the Year Club.  Well, mostly just thinking about it, but hope to get to it soon.

Just a quick note to those who leave comments on my blog.  I always answer every comment, unless they are a no-reply commenter.  What this means is that you do not have an email address associated with your blog.  If you would like me to reply, please add your email address to your comments.

Allie from Allie-oops Sweet Happy Life informed me that my Funky Stars block is a pattern that is in Gwen Marston's Liberated Quiltmaking book.  It is quite an expensive book (about $65).  Before purchasing it, I will take it out from my library to see if it is worth it.  

So that's it for now.  Hope you all have had time to sew, sew, sew!



15 comments:

  1. I love the triangle quilt. And the funky stars in your previous post. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made a lot of progress and it looks great. I absolutely LOVE your bags!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all so beautiful Talin. Your work is lovely!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots going on... I absolutely love your triangle quilt....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been very busy! I love your new decorator bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the bags and REALLY love the triangles quilt-beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. The quilt is stunning. The bags are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your triangles quilt is just gorgeous!!! I love your bags too, they're both really lovely. About the book - I got the Liberated Quiltmaking from the library, but she has a NEW one, Liberated Quiltmaking II, which is considerably less than the old one and has the liberated stars in it. Of the two books, I like the new one better. I got mine on Amazon, and I don't think it was full price!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,Talin:-)
    You have made really huge progress recently:-)So many things at time,but Your quilting is incredible-with so many small elements-I admire it very much.
    Hugs-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly have been making a lot of progress. Your triangle quilt is absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to make a quilt like that. Do you have any tips or advice on making it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your latest projects - especially the Spring Fever bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You crazy girl... triangle quilt looks great... the circle thing just makes me dizzy, I already knew you were amazing... I like the decorator bag with the shoulder straps and the ties, nice addition! see you soon... Ilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on finishing your triangle quilt. Absolutely beautiful. Great job.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the triangle quilt - it looks amazing!!! That would be a great way to use scraps -

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been so busy , love your quilt !

    ReplyDelete