Monday, February 28, 2011

A Relaxing Day and Gift Bags

Last week a friend and I decided to get together and sew.  We both wanted to make seat cushions so that we would be more comfortable when we go away on retreats.  After our first attempt, we decided to take a break for lunch and, afterwards, I made a few gift bags.  I got the instructions from A Spoonful of Sugar.  The instructions were easy to follow and they were a cinch to put together.

And the rest of the day, I spent working on my Kings X quilt.  I have now finished the center of the quilt and will be putting on the borders this week.

All I can say is...I am ready for another day of sewing together.

6 comments:

  1. Those are so cute - Carmen had just emailed me this link last night! I can't wait to try these. What did you use for the string?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Talin:-)
    How it must be fine to have a Friend close by,who not only shares Yur interests,but sews with You as well:-) Such a meeting can be more creative this way,because it raises such a 'healthy competition' and also it is easier to design,install,or make the projects see the daylight sooner.The effects are really nice-fine shapes,ideas and colours of the fabrics.
    I am also very interested in Your new quilting project,but I know,that it demands patience not only from me-waiting for the final effect,but before all-from You,who designs and makes the project real.But so far,as I could see Your quilting-I can say openly,I wasn't so interested in it,until I saw Your Works-mostly those one with round elements,which are for me impossible to fit together and sew:-)
    GREETINGS-HUGS & KISSES-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  3. What delightful little bags. Can't wait to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little bags -- so cute. You picked nice colors to do them in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are soooo cute!! I've been wanting to make a few,, but just haven't ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little gift bags are so sweet Talin! Love the fabrics you have used.

    ReplyDelete