I usually make small cell phone covers, but I needed to make some for larger cell phones, like the Blackberry. I plan on selling them at a St. Joseph's Regional High School craft fair that I will be at this coming April.
I also made a few blocks for a new quilt using Moda fabrics. I ran out of light fabrics while I was at the retreat, so I did not complete as many blocks as I would've liked...so now I have another UFO to complete.
The best part of the weekend was that I finally purchased a new sewing machine. I have been researching machines for a while. I ended up narrowing my search down to two machines, the Janome 6600 and the Babylock Symphony. The Janome 6600 is supposed to be a sturdier machine, but I have the Janome 1600P and an old Singer machine to handle my heavier projects. The Babylock had more features, but was more expensive. In the end, I ended up purchasing the Babylock Symphony. So now I have to take some time and learn to play with my new toy.
Now for the mishap. During the retreat, I was sewing and noticed that something was blowing on me. At first, I thought it was the wind, until I felt a drop of water. So I looked up to see if someone was playing around. Well, I noticed a few more drops. I looked up to find that there was a leak on the ceiling. Everyone came to my rescue (thank you!) and quickly moved my machine and projects out of the way. It was not until later that we noticed that my friend's machine and tool bin had been damaged as well. It is safe to say that my Janome MC4000 had been through a lot! Poor baby.