Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Pot of Tea and Some Projects

Every morning I try to exercise before my day begins.  I am not always successful, but I try.  The best part of the day comes when I am finished and I put on a pot of tea.  My husband bought me this tea pot...
Isn't it pretty?  It makes about 4 cups (2 mugs) of tea and it is the way I start my day, officially.  The thing I like most about this pot is that it is pretty hard to break...yes, I have broken a few in the past.

I have been working on my Kings X quilt the past day or two.  I put this border on and found I did not like it at all.

So I was thinking about taking it off and redoing it.  I let it sit on my wall and kept looking at it (while I was sipping some tea).  And then I thought, "What if I just make the border a bit narrower?"  So, I think I will be cutting it to about 2" finished and see if I like that before I proceed.  And while I was waiting for it all to sink in, I decided to make an eye glass case.



This fabric is somewhat hard to find, it is faux leather, but it works beautifully.  As you can see I do not have to finish the edges.  I picked blue because it matches the blue beaded chain I use for my glasses.










I usually do not have any problems with snaps, but I think I may have gone through 4 of them before it worked properly.  Even using the heavy-duty snaps did not help.  Oh well, at least it is fine now.  The last time I made an eyeglass cover, I used Velcro which I do not like to use, but the cover was too thick for snaps.  Here is a picture of my first eye glass case...




















That's it for now.  I am currently working on a UFO and making an apron to wear at craft shows.  Will have pics in a day or two. 

7 comments:

  1. HELLO,TALIN:-)
    Concerning the quilt:I bet-You know,I like it,because I'm always in love with GREEN:-),but as it comes to the border-I know,what it is-Maybe that isn't the point of having made it too wide,but one thing-the blue colour suddenlly skipping from the whole climate of those green tints,a little too much dazzling-unmatching,or...maybe I'm wrong....?Altogether -after all-I like it:-)
    Eye glass cases are wonderful.Mostly the forst one.The fastenings remind me something:-)
    I bouth the similar ones,but in beige colour.I keep them ,but haven't used yet.They are wonderful shape and the lace used there.
    The teapot...mmmmm...in really fabulous taste-can be the dream for many people,who love tea,like me.Mostly I love the jasmine one,with big flowers blooming in the teapot,after having poured hot water in.
    To finish with-Feel invited to my *Give Away':-)
    Hugs & Kisses-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that teapot is gorgeous - I've broken a few too, lol. What a lovely way to start your day! I love your Kings X quilt, the colors are just stunning. I love too your eyeglasses cases - I never have mine off my face long enough for a case, but they're pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That teapot is stunning!!! Even horrible tea would taste good in it!!!

    Your eyeglass case is fabulous. Great job.

    The King's Cross is so pretty. I love the colors you have used. Perhaps the reason that you aren't crazy about it is because you have brought in other colors in the border. The aqua and purple seem a little cool for the warm colors in the quilt. I know it will be gorgeous when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tea pot is lovely. Tea is much more fun in a nice pot. I like both your glasses cases. The faux leather looks great. The quilt is beautiful. I guess it depends on whether it will drive you crazy if you don't change it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those glasses cases are great. That faux leather is a really clever idea and it finishes so neatly.

    I love the colours in the quilt and the different patterns on the fabric. I don't think the border is adding anything to it, even though it's stunning fabric, it's just there - if that makes sense. Maybe narrowing it will make it look more effective, but I wonder about something with more punch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tea pot! I am a coffee drinker first thing in the morning, then tea for the rest of the day.
    I am thinking along the same lines regarding the border as Needled Mom said. The colors are getting to be too much? I can see if working if narrower though. Good luck with it!
    I really like your eye glass case too. I require a hard case though as I like to sit/step/have in the bottom of a bag and drop my case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tea pot - I also love to start the day with a cuppa!

    ReplyDelete