Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Funky Steps and Garage Sale Find

I have been busy writing a tutorial for a new handbag using the Go Cutter!  Meanwhile, I finished this quilt.   Of course I love the bright colors and I titled it Funky Steps because the blocks are Court House Steps.
Now that the weather is a bit warmer, it's time for garage sales.  This past week, I spent $3 to purchase what you can see in this picture below (a table runner, 3 cross stitched napkins, 3 crocheted trim, and a needlepoint piece).
I made the mistake of hand washing all my finds.  Unfortunately, the needlepoint piece colors bleed/ran.  But I ended up liking the way it turned out.  I will probably make a pillow out of this piece.  The others...who knows what I will do with them, but you can be assured that I will cherish them.

3 comments:

  1. The needlepoint piece looks like you dyed it like that on purpose! Lovely buys and the quilt has worked out beautifully... great colours...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt. Those colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hon your quilt is so beautiful! I love the colors. Good job, and good find - love garage sale season. Too bad the colors ran, but it really does look pretty, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete