Friday, May 6, 2011

Red, White, and Blue Quilt Finished

I have not been able to sew much, but decided to quilt some of my finished quilt tops.  So I put my Red, White, and Blue quilt on my quilting frame.  Much to my surprise, I did a nice job quilting it.  I guess I am finally getting the hang of quilting on a frame.  Well, at least, I hope so anyway.


I did a meandering quilt stitch, I took a picture of it, but I am afraid that it is very difficult to see.  Here is 
a picture of the back of the quilt.


I am really happy with the way this turned out.  Now, the colors in this quilt are not at all the colors I normally work with.  And there is a reason for that...most of the fabrics are from a strip fabric swap that was held at our firehouse get togethers.  Now, I wonder what the other ladies did with their strips...hmmm.

17 comments:

  1. Fantastic... I love it..... great quilting too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt!!! Great job on the quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous and will come in very handy for the 4th of July. Your quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bet you are the only one who made something so far -- and it's beautiful! Love how the white pops in the center. We miss you -- hope to see you in June -- HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Talin, you have done a great job. Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red is my favorite color, and I love red, white and blue quilts. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quilt! And your quilting looks really good, too! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful Talin! Great quilting too! One of my favorite color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loving all the block variations --my favorites are the heart and the stars throughout:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it! Inspiring and just in time for SUMMER! (I'm soooo ready!) Sew On!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the quilt and the quilting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,Talin:-)
    I am so busy with my beadwork,that I have forgotten about all the world.I'm terribly sorry-I've realised Your new quilting project right now,but better late,than never:-)
    The quilt is beautiful-in Polish and Danish colours.It would be matching to our living room,where there is lots of red around.
    beautiful patterns,marvellous stitch-I can imagine-it must be difficult.I love Your new quilt very much.
    Hugs-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks fantastic.... Congrats on completing another project....
    My swap strips are neatly packed..... Waiting for inspiration and time...
    One of these days....

    Enjoy it...i know is out of your norm but it does look very nice

    Talk soon, ilia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is wonderful -- the white stars make it sparkle! You did a nice job quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt Talin. Love the design, prints, colors. Especially love how those white stars pop. Excellent.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love sampler quilts. Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, the quilt looks stunning. You should be pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete