Friday, June 24, 2011

New Developments

So I made, not one, but two strip bags in reds.  I liked the shape, but I think I wish I had placed the strips vertically like the green one.  Here are the pics...



When I finished making these bags, I had a few things to put away.  Which leads me to my next topic.  I started to look through my garage sale finds (embroidered napkins, handkerchiefs, table runners, etc.) and I found this.


I love this!  It is just beautiful.  I do not know if you can tell, but the white background is see-through.  So, it got me thinking of what to do with it.  I decided to sew  down the sides after folding it into 3 sections. 


I am going to fill it with lavender and use it as a sachet in my drawers.  But when I get tired of that, I think I will use it as a small pillow cover, you know the ones your husband hates to have on the bed?

And the last thing I want to talk about is my progress on my red circle quilt.  I finally found a border fabric I liked, a light pink, almost blush fabric.  Now I am in the process of laying out the vines, leaves and flowers on it.  I love laying it out, but hate drawing the pattern on the white paper.  Why?  I don't know why, I just do. 



9 comments:

  1. HI,TALIN:-)
    The bag is wonderful as it is.I love the warmth of the colours,connection to the dark stripes and also their vertical setting.The shape is also nice and of course,as usually-perfectly finished.
    Red Circle Quilt is going to be incredible.I cannot find suitable words.It seems to me a real 'black magic' to sew such things.The vine motif is so charming and looks so difficult as well.The delicately pink for the border makes here a fantastic impression,because the main patterns and the vine are well seen separately.
    Fine,long forgotten things can be sometimes found :-) The green,embroidered piece of fabrics is cute and should be obligatorily used :-)
    Hugs and Greets-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the stripes going that way!!! Very nice.

    That will make such a lovely sachet. It looks like beautiful work...is it done by hand?

    That circular quilt is just fabulous! I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the stripes that way, too - but I would add a really truly outrageous piece of costume jewelry - a big one, maybe a flower or bird or Moorish-influenced medallion - to the bag to kind of break up the stripes! And your quilt is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bag Talin.. Great way to use up some scraps..
    Your circle quilt is inspiring..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects all look lovely Talin - you have been busy!

    Your bags are always fabulous and I like the stripes horizontally - they look good both ways. :-)

    Great garage sale find and your sachet idea works perfectly...

    ...and the red circle quilt looks AMAZING - the blush fabric works very well! Can't wait to see the next update...

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all beautiful. I love your idea for the green bag. I also think it would make a wonderful bag for a bride, to hold her wedding nightgown, or for anyone to use to hold fine clothing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the red stripes going that way. It looks very elegant. I love your red quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - the vertical stripes look great! Keep making bags! The circle quilt is awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those vertical stripes seem to be a real hit. I like them, too. Your circle quilt is simply stunning. I just love how the border makes the whole quilt hummmmmm. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete