Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A New Iron and Another Pink Bag

I needed to purchase a new iron because my old Rowenta was dripping water.  Not just dripping actually, but making large puddles.  The reason why I purchased it in the first place because of Rowenta's reputation.  Since it cost $70+,  I thought I was going to be okay.  Within the first few weeks of use, it started to drip water.  I read the instructions and followed them thoroughly.  I probably should have returned it right away, but I thought it was making puddles because of something I did.  I cleaned it and reread the instructions, but it was just not meant to be.  What I did not realize was that the model I bought was made in China and the ones that were rated highly were the ones made in Germany.  So I researched for a model made in Germany and finally found one with raving reviews (Model DZ2061, $70).  But guess what? ... they no longer make that model.  So after some more research, I found the Rowenta Iron Pro Master (DW8080, $100) which had great reviews and was made in Germany.  So hear is a picture of the package of my new iron...hope I have better luck with it.  I will let everyone know.

In my last post, I made a bag with a snap closure, but wanted to make one with a zipper closure.  I cannot believe how long it took me to complete.   I  made every mistake you could possibly make.  I mean, every mistake! And I thought that all my mistakes were behind me, HA!  This is the finished product.


I do like the way it turned out.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the iron... nothing worse than a drippy iron!! The bag is lovely.... good on ya... I have avoided zippers....mmmm love the colours
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGH my iron just started doing this too. And like you said, PUDDLES. It dripped all over my wood floor one night while I was sleeping.

    I hope you have better luck with this one. I'm going to check garage sales this summer for older models, without the auto shut-off. I hate that.

    I love your new bag - gosh I hate putting zippers in them, looks like you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh gorgeous bag Talin, I love the colours you have used. I often make a lot of mistakes on bags, don't know why!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new iron. I have that one too, and love it.
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a leaky Rowenta of a different model. Sorry you suffered, too. I HATED the leaks. It drove me nuts. Good luck with the upgrade.

    ReplyDelete