Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bread Basket and Christmas Through the Year Club Finish

I have completed my bread basket (thanks again Fiona).  I breezed through it and finished sewing the binding when I realized that I could not fold it over correctly.  So I thought, no problem, I would just cut an 1/8" off the sides.  Never do this, I cut off the corners and had to redo the binding.  I could not salvage the linen fabric and, believe me, I tried.  So in the end I had to use a different fabric for the binding.  But I did learn a very, very important lesson.  I know that I will never make that same mistake again.  I ended up using a very stiff batting (the kind you use for fabric bowls) so that it would keep its shape.


I love how it turned out!  It is just fantastic.  The best part is that I can untie the corner ribbons and it will lay flat.  I plan on using this at the next barbeque.

On another note,  I made a few pin cushions for the Christmas Through the Year club.  I plan on giving one of them at the firehouse Christmas party with some other goodies.  And the other two pin cushions will be given away to friends.


Aren't they cute?

Now to go and work on my Summer Sampler Series blocks.

13 comments:

  1. Great bread basket! No one but you will know everything did not go as originally planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bread basket. What a wonderful gift. It is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so quick with the breadbasket... glad you had fun and I do like the firmer look....
    very cute pincushions... but I can't imagine stabbing them!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work Talin your projects all look great,well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. The basket looks fabulous!!! I think you did a great job despite the problems.

    The pincushions....ADORABLE!!!! They will make such fabulous gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bread basket is adorable, congrats on working through the problems. Your pin cushions will make cute gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that was fast! I love it, Talin! And your pincushions are TOO SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one clever cookie... Love all your sewing..

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bread basket looks amazing. The fabric makes it look like a porcelain bowl! The little animals are cute pin cushions. They look like little guinea pigs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the pin cushions are wonderful but that bread box is AWESOME!!! Gorgeous, like Val said, looks like porcelain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! The bread basket may have given you a bit of trouble, but in the end it was worth it. It looks very nice Talin. I think that would make a nice Housewarming or Christmas gift, filled with fresh baked bread and or rolls!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is beautiful... I am going to make for myself.

    ReplyDelete