Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Joined a New Summer Sampler Series Group


I must be crazy because...I decided to start another quilt.  I ran across the Summer Sampler Series quilt along hosted by Freshly Pieced, Fresh Lemons Quilts, and Swim, Bike, Quilt and decided to join the fun.  Each week we will make 3 blocks;  there is a tutorial for each block.  Of course I decided to join at the very last minute, so I was a bit behind.  I have never made a quilt using only solid fabrics so I decided that's what I would do.




I had purchased these hand dyed fabrics several years ago without anything in mind.  I thought they would be perfect for this quilt.


The blocks are 12" finished and here is a picture of the first block I just finished.


I will be working on the second block tomorrow...so stay tuned.


5 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful Talin. The only thing I know about quilting is sewing plain squares together!
    I just noticed that you had a wallet tutorial on your sidebar! And to think I struggled through mine trying to figure out how to do it!!
    You asked about my surgery date. It is August 16th. Now I am off to check out that tutorial!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Talin:-)
    It must be lots of fun to take part in such a project.The fabrics are great and I bet You'll create something fabulous,even if You are not used to quilt from solid colored ones.I think it is going to be special.I love solid colors,so I'm sure,I will love it.The star,You are showing is wonderful.
    Warm Hugs-
    -Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be lovely... I haven't done a quilt in plain colours yet either.... mmmm.... may be calling?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fabulous. I am loving all of the solid fabrics blocks these days. I haven't done them either, but the look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty tones and they look so good together. Your solids should look wonderful in a sampler quilt. I popped over to look at the series and you aren't too far behind at all!! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete