I have seen so many mug rugs on different blogs, so I finally decided to take the plunge. Here is a picture of my first mug rug.
This is a cheater cloth and I bought it a long time ago, but could never find a use for it. So I cut it down a bit and then quilted along the fence, flowers, and birdhouse. I was thinking about adding beads and buttons, until I realized how silly that would be. It would so get in the way of placing a mug/cup and cookies. Sometimes I get so caught up on the creativity that I forget the initial purpose.
I also managed to make my third block for the Summer Series quilt along. This block was a bit hard. It looks so easy, but matching all the points was not!!! But it is done. I am currently working on the next block.
We had another sew in yesterday and here is a picture of the table we were working on. It's a bit cleaner than usual...