Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Long Stretch of TIme

It has been a long time since I last posted.  I have not been sitting idle.  So I hope you are ready for a lot of pictures.

This is a bag that I have been working on.  I wanted it to be a large, shopping bag that I could hang on my shoulder or across my shoulder.
Front
Back



Close-up of pin





















I just love adding pins to bags...it's a good thing I collect them.

So I thought since this was my shopping bag, I would make a complimenting change purse.  I saw this Zip-Itself Coin Purse Tutorial that I thought I would give a try.  I did not shape mine into a tetrahedron like they suggested because I thought I would get more use in a flat shape like this one:




















I don't know if you are all familiar with Borders (book store), but they are closing so I decided to take a look.  I found this book and I love it.


You can see all my post-its on the right hand side (future projects).  There was a project containing old keys...and since I collect old keys, I decided to give it a try.  Here is the result:


I love it so much, I decided to make earrings to match, I guess I should've taken a picture, but I forgot to.  I am not a silversmith and I do not plan on being one any time soon, but I love taking found objects and make them into useful items, whether it is for jewelry, handbags, or dolls.  Found stuff, you ask?  I collect anything and everything that catches my eye.  I then try to organize them...

I have old Scrabble tiles, computer keys, etc. in jars.

 in jars and plastic containers...

Well that's it for now.  I have got my creative juices flowing...so you may not hear from me for a while.

Have fun today!

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy.... I loved seeing all your collections of things to use... and the bag is great... happy creating...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to see what you have been doing in your spare time!!!! That is a darling bag and the coin purse is adorable.

    It looks like you may be branching off with the jewelry! I think your little collections look terrific in their containers. They would be fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling bag - and the pin is perfect, it is a beauty!! I love old pins. I like the way you did the coin purse, I like that shape better than the original. Seems like it would be easier to get change out of. Love your necklace you made, and boy would I love to look at all your treasures, lol - I love to collect stuff like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, I'm feeling creative so I am going to disappear! LOL! I haven't done much lately. Still trying to heal but I did manage to get Katies jeans hemmed. That's good right?
    I love your bag Talin. I have lots of old jewelry that I like to incorporate into my bags.
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bag is gorgeous Talin... I love the pins and jewellery you add to your projects..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the necklace, I can't wait to see the earrings! -J

    ReplyDelete