Wednesday, November 16, 2011

New Handbags

I have been playing around a bit with a few new handbags.  Some I made from old magazine articles I had saved, some from JoAnn's web site, and some are originals.  Here are a few I can show you.

This is from an old magazine.  I just love the Lotus flower pulls.
This one is a JoAnn, but I altered it a bit.  I used a belt for the pull.  I purchased the belt without ever planning on using it as one.  I just loved the colors and thought I would use it someday on a handbag (as handles or as decoration).
This tote is an original.  I found the trim at a garage sale for  under $3 for  about 5 yards.  I just could not pass it up.  I had enough fabric to make a zippered pouch which I forgot to take a picture of.
These past few weeks I have been thinking about my blogging and have decided that I will only post once a week and just show off what I have made.  I think I will get a lot more accomplished this way.  I will also read the blogs I follow on a weekly basis.  Of course, I will always answer all comments left on my blog...which leads me to this:

I have received several comments anonymously.  If you post a comment anonymously, I have no way of contacting you.  You can remedy this problem in two ways.  Either change your settings so that your name appears with your comments or add your email address in your comment.  If you do not know if you comments appear with an "anonymous" label, leave a comment and then go back to view the title in your comment.  

If I have not replied to your comments or questions, it's because I have no way to do so.

Have a great day everyone.  I am off to get ready for Thanksgiving.  Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving with friends and family. 

10 comments:

  1. I love the bags Talin. Especially the second one. I used to work at JoAnns until they closed our store. I loved working there so much!! Anyway I haven't had a lot of experience with making bags, wallets or clutches. When I get done with this afghan, I am going to do some more experimenting with them. Hopefully in time for Christmas but this afghan is big so I don't know if I'll have time. You can bet I'll come back here for ideas though and I may even need advice!! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just beautiful bags, Talin! I love all the extra special touches. Especially the second one with a belt, how creative!
    Make your blog work for you, girl, no obligations, just post when you want to and what you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your bags look wonderful. I love the way you have used the belt and the fabric and trim look so well together on the third bag.Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your thriftiness with the belt and the trim. The bags look lovely. I find the computer is a 'time eater', I just keep getting distracted with all the lovely projects that are paraded before my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ARE ENCHANTED BY YOUR WORKS.
    CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE TALENT ...
    YOUR BAGS are very beautiful.
    GOOGLE TRANSLATION.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Talin, as usual your bags are gorgeous..
    I am finding that I can only post once a week, sometimes not even then. Life is just too busy.. If you spend all your time on the computer you get nothing else done..
    Hope you have a lovely thanksgiving..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bags and blog are lovely! I understand what you mean about posting once a week. Posting and commenting can seriously cut into crafting time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
    Yours, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  9. These bags are just gorgeous! I also love the wristlet in the previous post.

    ReplyDelete