Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A New Wristlet

I have been working on a new wristlet.  This is my prototype.  It is constructed from purple decorator/upholstery fabrics.  It is fully lined with 100% cotton fabric.  The tricky part was the wrist strap, but I think I managed to get it just right.  I embellished the front with a large purple flower that I made from wired ribbon, buttons, and flower centers.  It was a bit time consuming to hand-stitch the flower to the front of the wristlet, but I did not want to glue it on.


I have a great many ribbon ribbon books, but none that I love as much as this one.  It is titled Passion For Ribbonry by Camela Nitschke.  It is an old book, so I don't even know if it's still sold at book stores, but if you see one at a garage sale, do not pass it up.


On a side note, I ended up making another potpourri sachet for my closet.  I cross stitched this chair a long time ago and it was just sitting around in my sewing room until today.



I hope you all have a great week.  

9 comments:

  1. The wristlet is lovely. The strap is very flash. The ribbon flower is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wristlet is lovely. The flower looks so pretty on it.

    I love seeing the ribbon work, but have not done any myself. I will keep my eye open for the book as it sounds delightful.

    What a nice finish on your chair. A sachet is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wristlet! You have a real talent with matching fabrics and colors. Absolutely stunning!

    Love,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful.
    Congratulations on your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cute Talin and I love the flower! You've got me in the mood to sew again. Unfortunately I won't go near the machine until that darn afghan is done!! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just lovely Talin.. hope you go on to do lots more..

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that wristlet - you are a whiz! The flower sets it off perfectly. Darling sachet too, good idea to use the stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty wristlet. Looks like you got the strap just right. That flower really sets everything off! Love it. I really like the cross-stitch sachet, too. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete