Thursday, November 3, 2011

Too Long

This is the longest that I have not posted...but I have a fairly good reason.  I was lucky enough to go away on vacation for two weeks.  My husband and I were celebrating our big wedding anniversary and we went to Amsterdam and Munich (Oktoberfest).  We were lucky enough to go with our close friends who were also celebrating their anniversary.  We had a great time and my friend posted pictures on her blog bestfriends25th.blogspot.com.  I wish I could post pictures, but I borrowed my daughter's camera and am waiting for her to get home from school.  Why you ask?  because I cannot find the connector between the computer and camera.

And this past week, we have been without power so I was unable to post...and so the excuses pile up.

However I do have one picture I would love to share with you.  This quilt top is the result of the my summer sew days with my friend Priscilla.  I love the way it turned out.  It is a string quilt, but I had drafted a picture of it before I began working on it.  So all the blocks were planned before I sewed them together.  It was really quite easy, but I could not do a thing without the draft paper.


It is really large, a little over a 100" x 100".  I thought I was going to use it in my bedroom, I desperately need a quilt for my bed.  Would you believe I do not have one for it yet?  But the more I look at it, I see it is just right for one of my daughters.  So, as always, guess where it will end up?

And, by the way, I have been keeping up with my Christmas Through the Year Club gifts.  I have just not had enough time to post pictures of what I have made.  Hopefully I will do that soon.  

15 comments:

  1. That is ONE FANTASTIC STRING QUILT!! Only a Mom would gift that to their daughter. It is my favorite string quilt ever. Hope you had fun at Oktoberfest - did you see my daughter there? ha They really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. I love it. Wish I could be your daughter! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a stunning quilt!!!! I love it and I can see where lots of planning went into it, but it was well worth it.

    Glad that you were able to get away for a nice trip. It always takes so long to get back into the swing of things when you return. I can't wait to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your anniversary! What a fabulous way to celebrate it!
    The quilt is amazing. A jaw dropper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been gone for a few weeks too Talin but not for the same reason as you. What a trip that had to be, very exciting and I can't wait to check out the photos! Happy Belated Anniversary!!
    I love the quilt top, very nice. I rarely sew or crochet anything for myself, always for others!!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. good toread you again.. what a wonderful reason not to be posting.. happy anniversary.... what a great way to celebrate.... and Ilove your new quilt top.... we do seem to give our quilts away a lot... I have to admit I do have one now... I keep the experiments and practice ones!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Talin,
    Happy Anniversary... great to have you back..
    That string quilt is incredible.. so well planned..

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous way to celebrate your anniversary. The string quilt looks really gorgeous. The colour combinations are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what an amazing quilt!! I am blown away....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Te ha quedado un bella creación, felcidades de verdad muy bella, saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great quilt pattern. Looks like it would be good for using up all those scraps that I can't part with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my.... That is stunning. Gorgeous... And I am so glad younger blogging again.
    Talk soon, ilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just showed your blog to chuck and he is willing to take it as is.... That way he helps you on your dilemma of who should get it.... Sorry he is all mine....lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilt is AMAZING! I am at a loss for words. I love the bright colors and the design is so intriguing. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hopped over from "Friday Quilt Hop" and so glad I did! this is a beautiful quilt--just love it..julierose

    ReplyDelete