Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Broken Dishes on My Design Wall

All of my Broken Dishes blocks, 156 to be exact, are all done and up on my design wall.  I was lucky that they all fit.

They will stay on the wall for a week or two so that I can tweak it here and there.   I always find that I have to move a blocks around.  And it always surprises me to find that I still need to make changes even after I think I am all done.  I usually spend a few minutes several times a day rearranging the blocks.  But after two weeks, I am done!   


So that's what I have been playing with.  What have you been up to?

13 comments:

  1. HI:
    *Broken Dishes* are fantastic:-)
    Nice colors,fine idea.I like the design very much.It is interesting,what it will be looking like,when finished,what kind of a 'frame' You will give to it.I would probably give something darker around,with the prevalence of navy blue,to get the all 'broken dishes' onto the first plan.
    Warm Hugs from frozen Sweden-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH that's wonderful!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome!!!! What a nice quilt that will make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking gorgeous Talin!! I'm amazed you've gotten so many blocks done in such a short time!! This will look fabulous on a bed or even thrown over a lounge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really beautiful, Talin! Such different colors for you -- I love it! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking amazing!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love the colors and the design. It's traditional and refreshing at the same time. This is going to finish beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Talin, ilove the colors of your new quilt..
    Looking forward to seeing it finished..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love it Talin. What a great idea, taking the extra time to get it just so!
    I have been crocheting fingerless gloves. I started with one pair and now everyone wants a pair! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! What a labor of love and so beautiful. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your broken dishes quilt top - looks amazing. Love the colour scheme you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours in your quilt - it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete