Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Broken Dishes Update

I am still working on my clutch handbags, but had an opportunity to take a break and work on my Broken Dishes quilt.  I have sewn all my triangles together and am now ironing...



Now that the ironing is all done, I have a huge pile that I have to trim to size (3-1/2" squares).



And then, I will sew them together, to form these blocks.


And then, I will have to arrange them in a pleasing manner...



My daughter took one look at these blocks and she commented that the fabrics/colors I used were not "me.  I totally agree with her, but I wanted to break out of my box.  Now that I am about half way done, I am getting excited.  I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

12 comments:

  1. the colors are ME! I love 'em and broken dishes is such a great pattern. I can't wait to see more....keep sewing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! You are going to have a beautiful quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Talin:
    The colors are maybe different You used to apply,but they're also fine.I think,the quilt will be very much interesting.I am also curious,how it will be looking like.
    Hugs-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be awesome... there is such a lot of prep work to get these blocks isn't there.. but so worth while for the effect..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blocks. They are looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colors may not be "you", but it's going to be a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of your block! It's definitely me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are going to look amazing in your finished product!! ... Are you aiming for a quilt?! .... That'd be a fabulous colour scheme and 'pattern' for a boys' quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - it's looking great! I have a problem trimming blocks like that - when I trim, they end up not matching up to the other blocks. One of these days I'm going to have to take a real quilting class!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of activity there. The colours look great. Interesting how many shades of blue there are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Que bellos trabajos tienes, muchas felicidades, este ultimo que presentas tiene mucho buen color, y luce de lo mejor.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fabrics and colors. It will look beautiful! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete